The LIS Advisory Board provides strategic insight and expert guidance as part of the department's systematic efforts to continuously develop and improve our M.S.L.I.S. program. The membership of the Board includes representatives from each of our constituency groups – alumni, students, adjuncts, employers, and full-time faculty – and reflects our diverse and ever-evolving community.
The overarching purpose of the Advisory Board is to:
- Provide the Department of LIbrary and Information Science with input on the current and future needs of the library and information science profession to ensure the department is responsive to the continually evolving needs of the profession.
- Identify opportunities for the department to meet the current and future needs of the profession through its for-credit, non-credit, and extracurricular offerings.
- Recommend new initiatives, degree offerings or programs to continually improve, refresh, expand, or enhance the program and its educational quality.
- Engage in long-term strategic planning by providing input and advice to library and information science representatives related to its strategic planning initiatives.
- Provide advice, as appropriate, to the department regarding key administrative areas, most notably enrollment, funding, and technology resources and support.
- Understand the history of library and information science at The Catholic University of America and advise the department on its efforts to advance its mission and the mission of the University.
- Advocate, as appropriate, for the program and its students and faculty in a public capacity.
- Serve as a representative and liaison between the department and the constituency groups its individual Board members represent.
- Recommend approaches for engaging and involving the department's internal and external constituents to realize the department's goals and strengthen relationships with the field and within its community.
Interested in being considered for a seat on the LIS Advisory Board? If so, please email us two short paragraphs on you and what you'd bring to the board, and also attach your résumé.
- Youngok Choi, Ordinary Professor and Chair of the LIS Department
- Nicholas Alexander Brown, Acting Co-Chief Officer; Chief-Operating Officer for Communication and Outreach Prince George's County Memorial Library System
- Steve Connaghan, University Librarian, CUA Libraries
- Julius C. Jefferson, Jr. Former President of American Library Association, section head of the Congressional Research Service at the Library of Congress
- Tahari Johnson, Current Student
- April Moyo, Librarian and Technology Integration Specialist, Congressional School
- Trevor Riley, Head, Public Services, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Barry Trott, Adult Services Consultant, Library Development and Networking Division Library of Virginia
- Maria Thurber, Recent graduate, Reference Librarian, Library of Congress
- Amanda Wilson, Deputy Associate Director for Library Operation at National Library of Medicine