|Retention Rate of Fall 2017 - Fall 2018||Graduation Rate of 30 students admitted in Summer/Fall 2014 over the next four years|
2017-2018: (53/59) *100 =90%
Graduated in two years (2016): 19 (63.3%)
A majority of students (75%) are part-time students coming from mainly Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas. Many of our current students (65.8%) are also employed in the LIS field before graduation. LIS students are required to take a comprehensive examination as a graduation requirement. During the three semesters of AY 2017- 2018 (Fall, Spring, Summer), 24 students took the examination with 100% passing.
Our recent alumni survey reveals that 67% of graduates obtained their professional position within 6 months of graduation. According to results of a survey of 2017 LIS graduates (31 graduates), 40% of respondents were employed in a government library (state or federal government agency). The average salary for eight respondents is $65,455.50 annually.
The M.S.L.I.S program of the Catholic University of America conducts a number of assessments and evaluations of student learning and program quality. A set of evaluation sources include the following:
- An Annual Key Assessment based on the comprehensive examination. The program also gathers assessments of student learning outcomes in the 4 core courses.
- A Job Placement Survey provides employment status and career development of recent graduates.
- A Current Student Survey provides immediate feedback from current students and their satisfaction with various elements of the program.
- An Exit Survey given to all students as they graduate from the program
- Alumni and Employer Surveys are used to gather feedback about the program from both the alumni and employer's perspectives..