# of MSLIS Degrees Granted
A majority of students (90%) are part-time students coming from mainly Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas. Many of our current students (73%) are also employed in the LIS field before graduation according to a current student survey conducted in April 2019. Our recent alumni survey reveals that 67% of graduates obtained their professional position within 6 months of graduation. According to results of a survey of 2017 LIS graduates (31 graduates), 40% of respondents were employed in a government library (state or federal government agency). The average salary for eight respondents is $65,455.50 annually.
The M.S.L.I.S program of the Catholic University of America conducts a number of assessments and evaluations of student learning and program quality. A set of evaluation sources include the following:
- An Annual Key Assessment based on the comprehensive examination. The program also gathers assessments of student learning outcomes in the 4 core courses.
- A Job Placement Survey provides employment status and career development of recent graduates.
- A Current Student Survey provides immediate feedback from current students and their satisfaction with various elements of the program.
- An Exit Survey given to all students as they graduate from the program
- Alumni and Employer Surveys are used to gather feedback about the program from both the alumni and employer's perspectives..
2019 Job Placement Data of Recent Graduates (.pdf)
2018 Job Placement Data of Recent Graduates (.pdf)
2017 Job Placement Data of Recent Graduates (.pdf)
2016 Job Placement Data of Recent Graduates (.pdf)