The M.S.L.I.S program is designed to achieve a set of program objectives that provides the basis for the learning outcomes assessment efforts. The program conducts a number of assessments and evaluations of student learning and program quality. A set of assessments of student learning include the following:
- The first of these assessments is the Annual Key Assessment based on the comprehensive examination. The program also gathers assessments of student learning outcomes in the 4 core courses.
- The second assessment is a survey given to all recent graduates. A Job Placement Survey provides employment status and career development of recent graduates.
- The third assessment is a survey given to all current students. A Current Student Survey provides immediate feedback from current students and their satisfaction with various elements of the program.
- The fourth assessment is an Exit Survey given to all students as they graduate from the program. The exit survey gives the program immediate feedback on aspects of the program.
- The fifth assessment is a survey of alumni and their employers. These Alumni and Employer Surveys are used to gather feedback about the program from both the alumni and employer's perspectives.