# of MSLIS Degrees Granted
A majority of students (90%) are part-time students coming from mainly Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas. Many of our current students (73%) are also employed in the LIS field before graduation according to a current student survey conducted in April 2019. Our recent alumni survey reveals that 67% of graduates obtained their professional position within 6 months of graduation. According to results of a survey of 2017 LIS graduates (31 graduates), 40% of respondents were employed in a government library (state or federal government agency). The average salary for eight respondents is $65,455.50 annually.
The M.S.L.I.S program of the Catholic University of America conducts a number of assessments and evaluations of student learning and program quality. A set of evaluation sources include the following:
- An Annual Key Assessment based on the comprehensive examination. The program also gathers assessments of student learning outcomes in the 4 core courses.
- A Job Placement Survey provides employment status and career development of recent graduates.
- A Current Student Survey provides immediate feedback from current students and their satisfaction with various elements of the program.
- An Exit Survey given to all students as they graduate from the program
- Alumni and Employer Surveys are used to gather feedback about the program from both the alumni and employer's perspectives..