Through teaching, research, and service, the Department contributes to the creation and management of knowledge and information, preserves heritage and scholarship, and demonstrates our commitment to the common good. The Department of Library and Information Science produces information professionals imbued with the values of the library and information science profession, and the Department’s values of collaboration, community, innovation, and excellence. In accord with the mission of The Catholic University of America, the Department advances the dialogue between faith and reason and cultivates a commitment to service in the field of library and information science.
Goals - We Achieve Our Mission By:
- Educating highly competent, ethical librarians and other information professionals.
- Exploring and integrating innovative technology to enrich teaching, foster scholarship and advance professional practice.
- Strengthening the program by engaging in ongoing dialog to anticipate the changing needs of individuals, the community and global society.
- Advancing the frontiers of knowledge and practice in library and information science.
- Serving the field, the community, the region and the world.