To use: Submit a request to borrow equipment.
- The borrower must be present to check out the laptop.
- The borrower must present his or her Cardinal I.D. Card when signing out a laptop*
- The borrower cannot transfer any equipment to another individual. Once equipment has been checked out it becomes the responsibility of the borrower.
- A borrower can only check out one laptop and one set of accessories at a time.
- The borrower is responsible for the equipment and is liable for loss or damage to the equipment unless damage occurs during a building emergency such as a fire.
- Students are financially responsible for damage to equipment that was caused by abuse or negligence, including preventable theft.
- DO NOT attempt to fix the equipment or software. Defective equipment should be reported immediately and returned to DLIS.
- Each borrower must read and accept the Laptop Borrower’s Agreement and Liability form when checking out equipment.
The Department of Library and Information Science has laptops available for use by ACTIVE faculty, students and staff affiliated with DLIS. There is no charge for the use of the laptops; however, laptops and equipment are the property of DLIS and Catholic University.
- Equipment may be borrowed for a period not to exceed 2 weeks.
- You are also welcome to borrow a computer through Catholic University by visiting Tech Services at Leahy Hall.
- All laptops and equipment should be returned at the agreed-upon time directly to DLIS staff in CSL 314 by the borrower no later than the specified due date.
- If the borrower needs to use the equipment beyond the reservation period, the borrower must return/check in the equipment (by the due date) and check-out the equipment for a new reservation period. DLIS staff will inspect the equipment for any damage, etc. and will clean and/or re-image the laptop as needed.
- The borrower will be notified within three - days if DLIS finds that the computer is defective or damaged and will be held liable.
- Any borrower who fails to return equipment by the due date may be at risk of borrowing equipment in the future.
- Equipment not returned by the end of the term in which it was borrowed will result in an academic hold on borrower's student account.
Accepting Terms and Agreement
By signing out DLIS laptop or equipment, I affirm I have read the DLIS policy and agree with its terms.
For information about borrowing equipment, contact email@example.com