Elizabeth W. Stone Scholarship
For the 2023 Spring Semester, the department will award a new scholarship, the Elizabeth W. Stone Scholarship, of $5,000 to support a LIS student in financial need. The Stone Scholarship is in honor of Dr. Elizabeth W. Stone, the former department chair who became the president of the American Library Association and designer of America's Libraries Postage Stamp. Dr. Stone wished to create a scholarship fund supporting students from DC who need financial support for their studies in LIS. The scholarship will be awarded and applied toward the tuition for the 2023 Fall Semester.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the LIS program
- Include a cover letter describing your financial need
- Have a recommendation letter, preferably from an instructor of a completed LIS course
- GPA of 3.5 or above
- Students residing in DC and representing minority populations are strongly encouraged to apply
- Students affiliated with CUA through full-time employment are not eligible to apply
- To expand the benefit of the department scholarships, those who have not received a department scholarship are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are grateful to alums and friends of the department who wish to contribute to the Stone Scholarship. To contribute, please specify your gift to the Elizabeth W. Stone Scholarship Fund 59, 390014.